REGISTRATION HAS BEGUN!
ARTISTIC DESIGN CLASSES
“Flower Power - Music of the 60s”
Click on the song title to listen to the song.
For description of artistic arrangement styles click here
Class ART 1 Aquarius (Let the Sunshine in) – 5th Dimensions – 1967 -
Class ART 2 Wild Thing – The Troggs - Interpretive Design – Novice
Class ART 3 Moon River – Andy Williams – 1962 - Design in Oriental Manner
Class ART 4 Fun, Fun, Fun – Beach Boys – 1964 - Reflective Design
Class ART 5 I heard it through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye - 1968 -
Class ART 6 Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - Brian Hyland - 1960 -
Miniature Arrangement – 5” or less in all directions - CLASS FILLED.
ARTISTIC DESIGN RULES
1. Please read General Rules* for Exhibitors. (*See below.)
2. Advance registration begins January 15, 2014, and is required for all classes. Please make reservations or inquires with Sue Zima, firstname.lastname@example.org or 757/593-5303 by calling no later than March 21, 2014.
3. Entries will be received Friday, March 28, from 2 -8 p.m. and Saturday, March 29, 7:30 -10:00 a.m. Closing time will be strictly enforced.
4. All designs will be judges according to the GCV Flowers Shows Handbook as well as Elizabeth River Styles of Flower Arranging – Contemporary Designs.
5. Each exhibitor is responsible for filling the space he or she has reserved or must provide a substitute to fill the space. All work on arrangements must be done by exhibitor and must feature daffodils.
6. Accessories are permitted unless otherwise specified in the schedule.
7. Arrangements will be shown with a background screen 40”high, 30”wide, and 18”deep. Screens are black with no wings and 40” from the floor. Base or stand is considered part of the container. This does not apply to ART 6 which is staged in a lighted shadow box 8” high, 6” deep. All arrangements must be passed by Artistic Classification Committee before the exhibitor leaves the floor. All entries must be accompanied by two 3”x5” cards. The first card must list all plant material . The second, should be a brief explanation of arranger’s intent.
8. Exhibitors may not disturb or remove exhibits until 4p.m. Sunday, March 30, 2014. At the close of show, exhibitors are responsible for removing all personal property by 4:15 pm. The show will be taken down at 4:00 pm.
1. Everyone in the community is invited to participate in this event.
2. Entries may be made on Friday, March 28, between 2 pm to 8 pm, and on Saturday, March 29, between 7 am to 10 am.
3. We encourage entrants needing help to bring their entries on Friday, March 28. Assistance with entry cards for all classes will be available at Ware Academy during these hours.
4. All exhibitors must register before entering. For registration contact Joan Jackson at (804) 694-6149. No late entries can be accepted.
5. Please consult the following website, www.daffodilusa.org, for valuable assistance in identifying your daffodil blooms.
6. Each entry must have an ADS entry card with both sections completed with name, address and exhibitor number. These will be provided and must be completed, folded and closed..
7. The Garden Club of Gloucester is not responsible for any lost or damaged property.
8. The show closes at 4:00 PM on Sunday, March 30. Entries, awards and ribbons can be picked up after 4:00 PM and before 4:15 PM. Any unclaimed ribbons will be mailed. No perpetual trophies will be mailed.