For information on the photography division, contact Susan Murray, 725-4580, at TVMurphy@aol.com or Vivian Shackelford, 725-5092, at email@example.com.
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
Class 226 Daffodils in Nature or in a Landscape - A display of spring plants including daffodils. The site must be visible from a public thoroughfare or public property in Gloucester or Mathews County:
Eligible for the Community Service Award – one award to the site and one award to the photographer.
Class 227 Portraits of Daffodils - A close-up of a single daffodil bloom or up to three blooms of a single cultivar.
Class 228 Daffodils with People or Animals
Class 229 Abstract/Special Effects Celebration Daffodils - Daffodil images composed or altered with non-standard techniques.
Class 230 Youth Photography - Youth 16 or under. Photography must feature daffodils.
Photography Division Awards:
The James V. and Violet Morgan Community Service Award*
In memory Jimmy & Violet Morgan for their dedication to conservation and beautification in their community.
Two awards are given: One award given to the owner of a location in Gloucester or Mathews for the best public display of daffodils beautifying our community as depicted in Class 226 and one award given to the winning photographer in Class 226.
The Gloucester Veteran’s Award*
In honor of and gratitude for Gloucester’s Veterans for their service to our country.
Awarded to the photograph deemed Best in Show – Photographer Division.
*These are perpetual awards which are kept for one year.
RULES FOR PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITORS
1. All exhibitors must register in the cafeteria and receive an exhibitor number.
2. Entries will be accepted between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. on Friday. March 26 and between 7:30 and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 27.
3. Entries must be picked up between 4:00 and 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, March 28. The Garden Club of Gloucester will not return photos but will mail any uncollected ribbons.
4. Amateurs, professionals, and youth are eligible to enter all classes. Only youth ages 16 and under may enter Class 230.
5. All entries must be the work of the exhibitor and must contain images of one or more daffodils as required by the class. All photographs must have been taken in 2010.
6. Exhibitors may enter no more than two photographs in each class. Photographs may not have won a blue ribbon in a previous ADS sanctioned show.
7. The photograph must be 8”x10”. The photograph must be mounted on a piece of 8”x10” stiff card stock or foam board with no border showing; no matting or framing is allowed.
8. An entry card must accompany each entry. In Class 226, list the name of the site where the photograph was taken.
9. Only Class 226 will be eligible for the Community Service Award.
10. Only one first, one second, and one third place award will be given in each class. Honorable mentions may also be given, but only if all higher awards are given.
11. The Veterans Award will be given to the photograph deemed by the judges to be Best In Show - Photography Division.
12. The Garden Club of Gloucester is not responsible for any lost or damaged property. Rights to images are granted to the Garden Club of Gloucester for potential promotional purposes.